After a wonderful summer time in Le Perche in June, we are launching an autumnal workshop in October with Ophelie. This workshop is set in one of the most beautiful French regions with an extra day to allow us to provide you more time as we felt it was needed, not to mention a good opportunity to indulge into more great food too!
Join us for a four-day photography, cooking and lifestyle weekend in the heart of Saint-Emilion and Pomerol vineyards, one of the loveliest wine region in the world. We will be immersed in the heart of a vineyard to explore food and lifestyle photography, and the art of story telling around wine with cooking and styling regional dishes, meeting people and scenic views of the region. We will be staying at the Château Tournefeuille Estate in Néac, its traditional Manor has magnificent views over vineyards.
Our workshop will be hands on and will bring you plenty opportunities to shoot and style, in order to develop your skills to tell a visual story, create an atmosphere whilst managing natural light and learning how to style beautiful local produce. A Bordeaux-based naturopath will take us through a healthy cooking session and a St-Emilion based pastry chef will show us how to make local delicacies.
We will also take a day to explore the region, vineyards and its winemakers, the village of St Emilion, make a trip to the farmers’ markets in Libourne, prepare a picnic setting in the vineyards and take the time to slow down and rest surrounded by beautiful nature.
After our busy creative days, our evenings will be rich with conversation and we will share leisurely meals made with locally sourced and seasonal ingredients and pairing wines including a delicious dinner “between vineyard & cellar” hosted by the Manor’s owner.
Last but not least, we will take some time to review with you some basics photo editing with Lightroom, or how to create a visual story with all your images from the weekend.
October 19th to 22nd of October 2017.
(Arriving on Thursday evening for a welcome dinner).
The workshop will take place at Maison Tournefeuille in Néac, about 1 hour and 20 min from Bordeaux-Mérignac airport or 50 min from Bordeaux city centre.
See accommodation, here.
Anyone who is interested in creating beautiful content for their blog, professional website, social media, add new images to their portfolio, or just out of personal interest or develop a new hobby. Anyone with an interest in connecting with and learning from creative, clever and inspiring people who share the same passion.
We do ask that you have basic understanding of your camera functions.
Both digital and film cameras are welcome.
1400 euros on a single use basis (1 spots available)
1250 euros on a shared room basis (4 spots available)
- 3 nights accommodation at La Maison Tournefeuille (on a shared room basis)
- 3 full breakfasts
- 2 lunches
- 1 curated picnic lunch (weather permitting)
- 3 dinners accompanied with wine pairings, including one hosted by the Manor’s owner
- 1 visit with wine tasting of the Château Tournefeuille vineyard
- Snacks and refreshments throughout workshop
- Discussions/teaching from Ophélie and Sandrine
- 6 Sessions and hands-on exercises in styling and photography
- 1 pastry demo led by a St-Emilion pastry chef, Estelle
- 1 cooking class led by our Bordeaux-based naturopath, Emilie
- A session on editing with Lightroom
- A full dose of Bordeaux culture and an unforgettable experience
Does not include:
- Airfares and/or transportation to/from Néac – the closest train station is Libourne, we can organize a pickup from there if you take the train option
- Any personal expenses during day trips
Bookings are now open and you can register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot. Feel free to email us if you have further questions!
To secure your spot, we need to receive your payment. However we offer the option to pay in three instalments with a minimum of 30% of the total amount as a first payment. Due to the nature of these workshops, the initial deposit is non refundable.